Two Trips to Kurdistan, Iraq 2009-2010
- This project called ‘Ashti Drum’ (Peace Drum) was in cooperation with Kurdistan Save the Children based in Sulaymaniyah (Kurdistan), Iraq
- Our team included Dr. Woodson, Christine Stevens (music therapist), and Constantine Alatzas (videographer).
- The two visits were each 10 days long and included visits to youth centers in the northern Iraq cities of Halabja, Kirkuk, Darbandikhan and Sulaymaniyah.
- Participants made drums and other instruments and participated in drum circles, exploring the healing power of this activity.
- The projects were funded by private donors, Remo, Inc., the Percussion Marketing Council and Ethnomusic, Inc.