UNICEF: Drumming and Storytelling for Healing in Honduras and Ecuador – 2016
- The idea in Honduras was to provide artistic expressions for those suffering as a result of murders, drug and family violence, and immigration trauma. In Ecuador, we worked with those who were recovering from a recent earthquake.
- Activities included drumming, drum circles, singing, dancing, storytelling, and dramatic presentations.
- At the UNICEF project site in Chamanga, Ecuador, DOH provided drumming and drum-making activities along with storytelling in support of efforts for young people, teachers, and adults to recover from
the April16, 20167.5 Earthquake.
- These video links include interviews and show students participating in our events: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6PzTomgmOQ (1:46)
- Key to the success of this project was the expert assistance of musical artists based in Quito, Ecuador, a Latin, Hip Hop, Reggae band called Cocoa Roots.