Students/Teachers in Jogjakarta, Java (Indonesia): 2009
- Headed by Judy Mitoma (UCLA), a group of musicians and dancers went to cultural centers in Jogjakarta, Java for one month to work with Earthquake victims, students and teachers.
- This area was chosen because it had been devastated by an Earthquake and tsunami in 2006; they were still recovering from this disaster.
- Along with Dr. Woodson there were three performers: Bharata Natyam dancer, Viji Prakash, taiko drummer Shoji Kameda, and Hawaiian dancer, Keall’I Ceballos
- It was funded by the State Department in conjunction with World Arts and Cultures Department at the University of California, Los Angeles, CA.
- Events included middle school student workshops, teacher workshops, tours of local artisans and a culminating performance by students and teachers at the end.